Up to 4 dogs are welcome to stay free of charge!
Both The Farm Cottage and The Stables have there very own enclosed garden with +6ft fencing or walls. There's a 5ft fenced area of the owners main garden to utilise with seating/fire pit and valley views, also 2 acre 4ft stock fenced paddock.
Adult friendly & sociable dogs: Dogs must be over 12 months old and not left in the Cottage alone, unless totally trustworthy, agreed with the owner and/or you are utlising the swimming pool only. Otherwise arrangements can be made to take care of dogs whilst you plan an evening out and/or to discover more of the Isle of Wight. Please contact Julie for costs/availability on 07407 079289 or email@example.com.
There’s a central hot water hose (temperature set) with shampoo opposite the Farm Cottage steps/rear of The Stables. Also, a cold water bath in the main garden and hose for hot days. Dogs get microfibre dog mats, bowls, treats, toys, natural shampoo and ID tags. They are welcome to join you on the sofa, as a throw and some towels are provided but PLEASE AVOID letting them in the bedroom as we provide a stair gate and dog crate if needed.
If your dog needs to sleep with you, please discuss with us first and bring your own large throws/bedlinen (superking, deep sheets) if necessary? Dogs can only continue to stay free of charge if you remove all hairs etc. on departure.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Guests bringing their dogs
All dogs must be added at the time of booking. In order to maintain these facilities and our high standards for everyone to enjoy, it is necessary that guests bringing dogs agree to these conditions.
Bookings are taken on the understanding that your dog/s are over 12 months old, toilet trained, sociable and friendly to other dogs and will not be a nuisance to other guests. All vaccinations, flea and worming treatments are up to date and taken at least 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Sorry, no puppies or hormonal males/bitches in season. We don’t want to encourage indoor scent marking in an unfamiliar environment, possibly because of prior guest dogs.
- There will be other guests, children and their dogs on site, so you must keep your dogs on a lead in the courtyard, and around the other properties. Once they’re out in the designated paddocks they can be off the lead as much as you like, provided they are under your control.
- They might, if not supervised chew the soft furnishings. We can’t always repair things, so if it has to be replaced, we will have to charge you. If requested in advance, we can provide a large crate big enough for one medium dog (not giant breed) or shared by two/three small dogs.
- We have chickens near the farmhouse and neighbouring domestic/farm animals.They must not chase any livestock or wildlife.
- We regret that dogs that constantly bark, are not practical at Kingates Farm. They will disturb the other guests.
- When you bring a muddy dog back from a walk, please clean them off using the outside hot water hose and dog towels provided. Please do not use the bath towels provided for human use and suggest bring some of your own dog towels.
- Poop patrol! When you take your dogs for a walk, please pick up after your dogs including in our fields, as these are open to all guests. We provide free poo-bags and a dedicated poo bin in your garden and near the entrance waste bin/recycling area.
- No garden is guaranteed as secure for ALL dogs even if described as private or enclosed but we do hope you can relax outside with your dogs, your gate must be kept shut at all times.
- The Countryside Code must be followed so please keep your dogs under close control at all times for their own safety as well as the comfort of others and shut gates after you.
- Dogs are not allowed in the swimming pool.
- You, as the pet owner, will be responsible for removing any evidence left by your pet and reimbursing the owner for any damage/extra cleaning required.
We can also help care for your dog in our Farmhouse, so you can make more of your holiday and/or an evening out. Details and costs can be discussed with Julie at the time of booking on email firstname.lastname@example.org or 07407 079289.