Kingates Farm Holidays after lockdown
At Kingates Farm, the health and wellbeing of our guests is our highest priority and we do everything we can to ensure our guests have a safe and pleasant stay. We recognise the situation is unsettling and that you may have concerns about your upcoming stay, so please review our special FAQs below. Our local Tourist Information from Visit Isle of Wight here...
Do I require travel insurance?
We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance prior to booking, even for travel within the UK. https://www.cottages.com/info/travel-insurance
Are the ferry companies taking measures to protect passengers?
For up to date ferry information go on the relevant website and they will contact you direct on the number given at the time of booking IF there are any schedule changes. They are presently allowing passengers to stay in their cars.
What measures are in place to protect guests from coronavirus at Kingates Farm?
During this period of uncertainty, we are actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from the World Health Organization and following the advice of UK government, public health authorities and medical professionals.
We have put in place various additional measures, including:
• We are minimising personal contact/social distancing.
• All those onsite including guests must wash hands thoughly with the anti bacterial hand wash provided..
• Special attention has also been placed to sanitise public contact points such as doors/handles, kettles, cutlery, remote controls etc.
• The Pool and Stablles Hot Tub may be closed/restricted use, unless guests tell us they definately DO NOT intend using, so we can disinfect, then leave for a required time (presently at least 72hrs) before offering these facilities again.
• The Stables Hot Tub is emptied on check out as usual and the Pool water is treated and surfaces disinfected.
• Deep cleaning is undertaken on check out of the Cottages, which takes longer and do appreciate your understanding.
• Keep a 2m distance between yourself and others, as a precaution but please be polite and continue to communicate.
• Should anyone show any signs of being unwell with any symptoms of fever, flu or respiratory problems please consult the NHS 111 or the online coronavirus service https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 and talk to Julie on 07407 079289.
• Guests are asked to follow current NHS guidelines and contact us prior to arrival if they have any concerns.
How could Coronavirus effect my holiday?
At Kingates Farm, we are walking our dogs as normal, being so remote is definitely an advantage! We have had great support from local shops and pubs/restaurants offering delivery and Takeaway services. We supply a Welcome Hamper and additional produce listed on our website here as...“Extras”, just tell email@example.com what you would like. We will happily also add items for you to our wholesale deliveries (no supermarket deliveries as yet) or when we shop locally if you give us plenty notice please https://www.kingatesfarm.co.uk/properties/kingates-farm-the-stables/extras
Am I able to cancel my booking?
Please call Julie if you booked direct or check with our travel agency Cottages.Com and their affiliates if booked with them. Check their booking conditions here, as dependandant on Government and NHS advise https://www.cottages.com/legal/booking-conditions
Where can I receive more information about Coronavirus?
We would advise you to check the GOV.UK website for the most up to date information. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
What happens if I have been advised by my doctor not to travel or to self-isolate?
Please do give your travel agents a call and we would be happy to discuss moving your deposit to a future date.
What happens if there is an outbreak at Kingates Farm?
We will follow the advice of Public Health England, asking guests to comply with any additional screening measures put in place.
What will happen if Kingates Farm has to close or travel to the Isle of Wight is restricted?
If restrictions continue over to the Isle of Wight, please talk to your travel agents but we will happily amend your booking to a later date within 12 months of your original booking.