Rated 10/10 for cleanliness at Kingates Farm.
Kingates Farm, IOW Nov 26th 2020
At Kingates Farm, the health and wellbeing of our guests is our highest priority and we do everything we can to ensure our guests have a safe and pleasant stay. Acquiring the Industry Standard Mark means that our holiday cottages are following government and industry Covid-19 guidelines. We are maintaining our high standards of cleanliness and spray a dry touch sanitiser to all rooms. We recognise the situation is still unsettling and that you may have concerns about your upcoming stay, so please review our special FAQs below.
Do I require travel insurance?
We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance prior to booking, even for travel within the UK.
Are the ferry companies taking measures to protect passengers?
For up to date ferry information go on the relevant website and they will contact you direct on the number given at the time of booking IF there are any schedule changes. Best to check directly with the ferry company but they were allowing passengers to stay in their cars on most crossings where the positioning of safety equipment allows this and/or no hazardous goods are being transported but you can ask to go on the next available ferry!
How could Coronavirus effect my holiday?
At Kingates Farm, we are out and about and walking our dogs as normal, being so remote is definitely an advantage! We will try and update you on any local shops or pubs/restaurants/attractions opening times with a list on our website under "Things to do".
Indoor pool/Stables Hot Tub
• Private use of the indoor pool is presently morning (9am - 1pm) OR late afternoon/evenings (4pm - 8pm) if both cottages in use, please book a time in advance and we will tell you if any further flexibility available. We suggest you get "pool ready" before going for a swim, use the hand sanitiser on entering and please still use the shower before you swim. Feel free to use a poolside towel but please dry and utilise again from your holiday cottage.
• The Stables Hot Tub's fresh water will need to come up to temperature, so we suggest not using on your first evening to enable a break between guests also.
We supply a Welcome Hamper of sealed goodies (tea, coffee, milk & eggs) with homemade bread/treats handled in isolation by me only! There's additional produce listed on our website here as..."Extras" and we will happily add items for you to our supermarket delivery or when we shop locally if you give us plenty notice please https://www.kingatesfarm.co.uk/properties/kingates-farm-the-stables/extras
We hope to have the cottages ready by 3pm and departure by 10am but this will require your help (as below) and may contact you if running late for your arrival.
Bedding and towels have been identified as sources of virus transmission. Although our duvets/pillows and their protectors will be swapped over between guests, we ask you to strip the bed of linen and put in the laundry bag provided (in wardrobe) and/or in the bath, along with all towels (inc tea towels).
Contact Julie on 07407 079289 if you prefer to bring your own bed linen and towels (superking and single beds require extra deep fitted sheets).
We have put in place various additional measures, including:
• All those onsite including guests must wash hands thoughly with the anti bacterial hand wash provided.
• If social distancing is not possible, face masks must be worn.
• Cough or sneeze into a tissue and avoid contact with your face and eyes.
• Special attention has also been placed to sanitise public contact points such as doors/handles, kettles, cutlery, remote controls etc.
• Deep cleaning is undertaken on check out including dry touch sanitiser to all rooms.
• Social distance between yourself and others as a precaution, but be polite and continue to communicate as normal.
• Should anyone show any signs of being unwell with any symptoms of fever, flu or respiratory problems please consult the NHS 111 or online coronavirus service and contact Julie on 07407 079289.
Am I able to cancel my booking?
Kingates Farm is operating under normal Terms & Conditions, within Government guidelines. As such, standard terms and conditions apply for all amendments and cancellations with our existing travel agency Cottages.Com and their affiliates. If you are disinclined to travel please do call the travel agents you booked with. https://www.cottages.com/legal/booking-conditions
Where can I receive more information about Coronavirus?
We would advise you to check the GOV.UK website for the most up to date information.
What happens if I have been advised by my doctor not to travel or to self-isolate?
Please do give your travel agents (or Julie if booked direct) a call and we would be happy to discuss your options.
What happens if there is an outbreak at Kingates Farm?
We will follow the advice of Public Health England, asking guests to comply with any additional screening measures put in place.
What will happen if Kingates Farm has to close or travel to the Isle of Wight is restricted?
If we are forced to close again or restrictions to the Isle of Wight are put in place, talk to your travel agents but we will happily amend your booking to a later date within 12 months of your original booking or look at other options.